Tuesday, December 31, 2013

I Love LIbrary Books Reading Challenge 2014




Last year I participated in the challenge hosted by Dragon's Lair and I really enjoyed it, even though I didn't meet my goal. :(

I think this is a great challenge because the focus is on libraries- an often over looked treasure. Libraries make books and knowledge accessible to everyone.

Books are expensive. As much as I love to read, I really can't afford all the books I'd like to read. (Who can?) Thanks to inter-library loan, I can read most of the books that I love for free. I just go online to my library's website, type in the title and see if it is available. Our PINES system searches the entire state, not just my own local library. The books are shipped to my library where I pick them up and return them when I am finished. (Did I mention this is free?!?!!?)

This is why I have again decided to join Dragon's Lair's 2014 I Love Library Books reading challenge.

I am setting my goal at 18 books. (Surely I can do that....right???)

So, who's going to join me? You don't need a blog- just a love of reading.


1 comment:

  1. This is so great!! I'm glad I stopped by I think I'll join the challenge!

    Katelynn Clark

    literarychameleon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete