Friday, December 27, 2013

Feature and Follow Friday


I am SO GLAD I can finally participate in Feature and Follow Fridays again!! I have missed this!! 

Feature and Follow Fridays is a book meme hosted by Parajunkee and Alison Can Read. It is a great way to gain new followers and learn about all the great books (and book blogs) out there!



How does this work?

The goal is to increase blog followers and make friends. First you leave your name here on this post, (using the linky tools — keep scrolling!) then you create a post on your own blog that links back to this post (easiest way is to just grab the code under the #FF picture and put it in your post) and then you visit as many blogs as you can and tell them “hi” in their comments (on the post that has the #FF image). You follow them, they follow you. Win. Win. Just make sure to follow back if someone follows you! What sets this Hop apart from others, is our Feature. Each week we will showcase a Featured Blogger, from all different genres and areas. Who is our Feature today? Find out below. Just remember it is required, if you participate, to follow our Features and you must follow the hosts (Parajunkee & Alison Can Read) as a courtesy. How do you follow someone? Well, if you have a preference, state it in your #FF post. A lot of blogs are transitioning to WordPress in which they do not have the luxury of GFC, so an RSS subscription is appreciated or if you choose an email subscription. If you don’t have GFC please state in your post how you would like to be followed. All features are chosen randomly to be the feature. They are not chosen by content or name.


This weeks Question:


Merry Christmas! Happy Holidays! What books did Santa stuff your stocking with this holiday season? Do a holiday book haul for us! If you don’t celebrate just show off your books that you got this week. Pictures!!!


I am so sad to say I didn't get ONE BOOK for Christmas!! One of my student's DID give me  a Barnes & Noble gift card (All A's for her this year...LOL). I plan to use it ASAP. Right now I am reading the same stuff I was reading before Christmas... :(




RULES To join the fun and make new book blogger friends, just follow these simple rules:
    • (Required) Follow the Follow My Book Blog Friday Hosts {Parajunkee & Alison Can Read}
    • (Required) Follow our Featured Bloggers
    • Put your Blog name & URL in the Linky thing. You can also grab the code if you would like to insert it into your posts.
    • Grab the button up there and place it in a post, this post is for people to find a place to say “hi” in your comments and that they are now following you.
    • If you are using WordPress or another CMS that doesn’t have GFC (Google Friends Connect) state in your posts how you would like to be followed
    • Follow Follow Follow as many as you can, as many as you want, or just follow a few. The whole point is to make new friends and find new blogs. Also, don’t just follow, comment and say hi. Another blogger might not know you are a new follower if you don’t say “HI”
    • If someone comments and says they are following you, be a dear and follow back. Spread the Love…and the followers
    • If you’re new to the follow Friday hop, comment and let me know, so I can stop by and check out your blog!

10 comments:

  1. Aww...but that's nice though, getting a gift card. Enjoy the rest of the holiday and happy reading :)

    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  2. New follower!

    Giftcards are fun :)

    http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2013/12/follow-friday_27.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha that's a great student you have there!
    Great haul! Happy Holidays and happy reading!

    The Book Cove FF -Jessi

    ReplyDelete
  4. New follower through GFC, linky, networked blogs and bloglovin! Follow me back over at my blog, "http://www.beyond-the-bookshelf.com"> Beyond the Bookshelf :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh bummer, but yay for gift cards! My sister sometimes has a strange aversion to getting those as a gift, something about there being no thought behind it. But heck every time I get a B&N or other bookstore gift card, I know thought went into that because I LOVE my books! And I always need more.

    The greatest gift ever would be a stopwatch to stop time so that way I could get caught up on my TBR pile so there wasn't one!


    Here's my Follow Friday

    Have a GREAT weekend!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love gift cards!!!!
    Newest follower on bloglovin and GFC.
    Come visit me if you get a chance... Irish Girl Reads.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're not alone! I didn't get any either!
    New GFC, Twitter and Bloglovin follower!
    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  8. Same here, no book this Christmas but you got a gift card. That's nice then.
    Thanks for stopping by and I follow back
    Amie @Magic of Words

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi there, following thru from Parajunkie's FF, and now following you via GFC , Bloglovin & Twitter. You can find my blog at Kismet Book Reviews & Tours
    Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete