Sunday, September 16, 2012

Growing Up Pschic- Story of Not Just Surviving but Thriving--and How Others Like Me Can, Too



Title:Growing Up Psychic- Story of Not Just Surviving but Thriving--and How Others Like Me Can, Too Author: Chip Coffey Publisher: Three Rivers Press, 2012 Pages: 256


I bought this book from Amazon in ebook form for my Kindle Fire, because I didn't want to wait until I could get to the book store. I wanted it right then!

I wanted to read this book because I adore Chip Coffey. I've been a huge fan of his since I first saw him on Paranormal State. He's a southerner too...What's not to love? :o)
I expected this book to be more of a personal memoir, and it does contain some of his own personal experiences. However, it also discusses the experiences of the children he has worked with and gives advice for parents of children with psychic abilities.  His advice is practical and down-to-earth.  His tone is warm and caring. His own experiences with the cruelty of others allows him to  prepare both parents and children for making their way in an intolerant society.  There is also a list of recommended books for further reading.
I enjoyed this book. It was as entertaining as it was informative.  I especially enjoyed the stories in the appendix - amazing personal experiences.  I can't wait to read his next book!

Read this book if:

  • you or someone you love has psychic ability
  • you are a Chip Coffey fan
  • you love to read about personal psychic experiences

No comments:

Post a Comment