Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Extreme Paranormal Investigations





Title: Extreme Paranormal Investigations Author: Marcus F. Griffin Publisher: Llewellyn Publications 2011 Pages: 241

I checked this one out from my local library via inter-library loan.  

From the back of the book:
Join Marcus Griffin, founder of Witches in Search of the Paranormal (WISP) as he and his team explore the MIdwest’s most haunted properties.

This book was unlike any other book I have read about paranormal investigation.  I honestly found it refreshing.  In the Epilogue on page 237 he writes. “Collecting evidence of a haunting has never been as important to me as interacting with those who were being haunted; proving that ghosts exist was never as important to me as spending time with the ghosts.”  That is one of the things I love about this book- Griffin isn’t obsessed with science.  He does rule out any evidence that could possibly be caused by non-paranormal reasons.  However, he also relies on the intuition and metaphysical knowledge of team members.  In addition to this, he is a great writer. He has a natural writing style that builds suspense and leaves the reader wondering what will happen next.  
Although Griffin and I are of different faiths, at no point in this book did I feel my own faith was insulted or challenged.  I actually found that we have many common beliefs.  I was impressed with WISP’s respect for nature and with their desire to investigate without harming the environment. All in all, I enjoyed this book and look forward to reading more of WISP’s adventures.

Read this book if:
*you love the paranormal
*you are interested in ghost hunting





No comments:

Post a Comment