Saturday, June 29, 2013

Southern Fried White Trash

Title: Southern Fried White Trash Author: Carole Townsend Publisher: Crabgrass Publishing LLC


I purchased this book for my Kindle.

From Amazon:
In the spirit of Southern humor brought to us by writers and comics like Lewis Grizzard, Jeff Foxworthy, and Bret Butler, Carole Adams Townsend's debut book , “Southern Fried White Trash,” is a must-have for tried-and true Southern enthusiasts. It has a twist, though. Townsend satirizes real life through the eyes of a Southerner, born and raised. Carole Townsend is a news correspondent and online columnist for the Gwinnett Daily Post newspaper in Georgia. A married mom and former corporate executive brought up by an old-school Southern mother, the author brings a hilarious perspective to old-vs-new-school life in the South.

First off, I have to say that this is the funniest book I have ever read in my life. It was hysterical! And, as a native southerner, I can tell you that it is 100% right on the money. Carole Townsend knows her white trash, and can tell a story as well as anyone I know. I laughed all the way through this book. What makes it so funny is that it is so accurate. We all know these people she describes in this book. We have all seen them. 
The south truly is divided into several subcultures. Like Townsend. I was brought up in a world of minding your manners, the southern status quo, so to speak. Yet we all know this other world. We have seen these people. And no one describes them quite like Townsend.
I loved this book (in spite of the cover, which might give me nightmares...). I can't wait to read her next book. Every southerner should read this. You will laugh out loud.
Loved it!

Read this book if...
*you are a southerner (either native or transplant)
*you need a good laugh
*you want to know more about white trash



No comments:

Post a Comment