Friday, March 1, 2013

Book Beginnings


This is a cool Friday Meme I've just discovered at Rose City Reader.

Share the fist sentence (or so) of the book you are reading along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author's name.


My Book Beginning:

Humans were diggers and buriers, the cat thought, like dogs.
The day the girl came, the men were digging again in the woods below the house.

These are the first two sentences of Wild Things by Clay Carmichael. I plan to start the book tonight and all I can say is, I'm already intrigued...

Can't wait to read everyone else's Book Beginnings!

Beth :)



5 comments:

  1. Love the cat narrator! If only my tabbies would write a book!

    Thanks for sharing the opening on Book Beginnings on Fridays.

    Rose City Reader

    ReplyDelete
  2. “Never wager unless you control the stakes.
    And she’d thought she held such a strong hand.”

    Excerpt From: Pettrey, Dani. “Submerged.” Baker Publishing Group. iBooks.
    This material may be protected by copyright.

    This sentence just grabbed me and so far it's great!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sounds great! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. Stories told from the viewpoint of animals are always interesting - enjoy.

    ReplyDelete