I want to thank Morgan at Castles Made of Books for nominating my blog. What an honor! Thank you!!!!
2. Answer the 11 questions from the nominator, list 11 random facts about yourself, and create 11 questions for your nominees.3. Present the Liebster Blog Award to 11 blogs of 200 followers or less who you feel deserve to be noticed and leave a comment on their blog letting them know they have been chosen. (No tag backs)4. Copy and paste the blog award on your blog.
1. Who is your favorite character from a book and why? The first that comes to mind is Ivorie in The Good Dream by Donna Vanliere. She is strong willed, brave, and not afraid to do the right thing even if others stand against her. She was an awesome woman.
2. What books do you love so much you would read again? Oral History by Lee Smith is my all-time favorite. Others I have read time and again are The Color Purple by Alice Walker, Their Eyes Were Watching God by Zora Neale Hurston, and Fair and Tender Ladies by Lee Smith. Oh, and Devil's Dream by Lee Smith.
3. Do you judge a book by it's cover? Sometimes a cover grabs my attention, but I have to read the blurb also. Sometimes a book has a great cover and then, after you read the blurb, you think,"Um...no." I've read some great books that had boring covers, too.
4.What does your blog title mean/ why did you choose it? I chose Free Spirit because that's what I am, in several respects. I tend to do my own thing. With respect to books, I love Southern Fiction, non-fiction paranormal, women's fiction, but I tend to shy away from books the general pubic flocks to in droves. I hate formula fiction, can't stand most of those authors you see on the Walmart shelf. Harry Potter was OK, but I only read a couple (sorry). Never bothered with Twilight. I do my own thing. I can't help it. I learned log ago, if you're different, you're that way for a reason. Best embrace it...
5. What's the worst book you've ever read? I hated The Giver. Sorry to all you dystopia fans, but I just hated it. I downloaded 50 Shades to my kindle because everyone raved about it. I never finished it. I couldn't believe I wasted good money on that book. Just not my thing....
6. What is your favorite place to get books from? Amazon is great, because I can search and find almost anything. I also love browsing used book stores. I visit my local library a lot, too.
7. If you were stuck on a desert island and could have only one book, which book would you choose? Oral History, because it never gets old. However, I must admit, I need time between re-reads. If I'm on that island a long time, Oral History might even get old...
8. What are the last two books that you've read? I just put away two that were two insanely boring to finish (ha!). I am almost finished with The Year the Colored Sisters Came to Town by Jacqueline Guidry.the last two I finshed were Turtle in Paradise by Jennifer Holm and The Cottage at Glass Beach by Heather Barbieri.
9.What are two books you are dying to read?The River Witch by Kimberly Brock and The Storycatcher by Ann Hite.
10. If you could meet any author, who would you choose? Lee Smith, Alice Walker, ...so many....!!!
11. What was your favorite book as a child? I loves the Little House books by Laura Ingalls Wilder. When I got older I fell in love with the Nancy Drew series.
1. I am a Media Specialist/ librarian at an elementary school. Before that I was a classroom teacher.
2. I love writing, although I'm not published yet. I keep working and keep believing. Writing makes me happy!
3. I love country living! I am an outdoor person. My other blog is Life On Devil's Hollow . I'm definitely a nature person.
4. I love to cook (when I'm not exhausted)! I post recipes on my other blog.
5. I love to garden! See my other blog to follow my gardening adventures...and misadventures.
6. My favorite place on earth is Sanibel Island, Florida. I wish I could have a home there.
7. I love seafood, sushi, Mexican food, and anything spicy or with cheese on it.
8. I have one daughter, age 5, whom I love more than life itself. She is the shining star of my life, my everything.
9.I love to go camping, especially in the Great Smoky Mountains (my other favorite place).
10. I am the most "nothing fancy", bluejeans and barefoot person on earth. I hate crowds, hate hoopla...I love to just kick back...and read...
11. Literary Lindsey
1. Who is your favorite author?
2. What is the best book you've ever read and why?
3. What book got you hooked on reading?
4. What is the worst book you've ever read?
5. Why did you choose your blog title/ what does it mean?
6. Do you finish a book if you hate it? Why or why not?
7. Have you ever written a book?
8. What is your favorite place to get books from?
9. Do you have any hobbies other than reading?
10. Do you have any other blogs?